He spread His wings and caught me, He carried me on His pinions!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Progress Through Tears

Reading the story of Joseph in Genesis 40, along with listening to Alistair Begg, has a very powerful message that goes something like this: when we shun trials we miss blessings. When all you have is sunshine, all you have is desert.


More Spiritual progress is made through failure and tears than is made through success and laughter.

Browning once said,
“I walked a mile with pleasure and she chattered all the way,
but she left me none the wiser for all she had to say;
when I walked a mile with sorrow, never a word said she,
but Oh, the things I learned from her when sorrow walked with me.”

Recognize that in the progress of life pain must surely arrive at our doorstep on occasion.

How will you navigate through these inevitable human circumstances?

Listen to what Alistair Begg has to say!

http://www.truthforlife.org/broadcasts/2011/10/21/making-the-most-of-it-part-b/







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts